Hi, my name is Gabby Moir.
I help corporate professionals and leaders end their struggle with stress and bring balance to their work and home life.
It wasn’t always this way.
Years ago I thought I’d struck gold when I got a job at a company specialising in High-Performance programs for corporate executives. I was ready to learn, and showed up at the slickly produced leadership day and entered a Baltic room.
“Why is the room so cold??” I asked, secretly wishing I’d brought along a puffer jacket.
“To keep everybody awake”, they said.
Hmmm…. Far be it from the actual content to do that job…
I held on hope, excited about the prospect of digging into some of the amazing “research” they’d collected for decades. It never emerged. I meet with the PR guy (before he was fired for “not making the impossible happen”) and he told me the shocking news…
There was no research.
Just a few anecdotes, mainly from interviews and panel discussions…WHAT!?
Still, I stuck around. I had a mortgage, a relationship breakdown, and no other job prospects on the horizon.
Turns out I had a lot to learn about stress, lack of balance, and what working for a deluded narcissist is like.
At one point, I was pushed to do a call with one of the company’s advisors, a Zen Master, in the hope he would inspire me to “get it”. All Mr. Zen did was confirm that working for this guy would indeed be difficult, and then asked me to send him a photo of myself.
Yes. A photo.
And no. I didn’t.
As it turned out, I was not a very good Cult member and got ousted soon after. Apparently, I wasn’t “obsessed” enough. To this day, I take that as a compliment. 🙂
Years later, I went on to do a Master of Applied Science (Psychology of Coaching) to inform my work in people development and laughed my head off for an entire semester studying Peak Performance.
It turned out that the Cult had it all wrong, but hey, I could have told you that at the time. I just didn’t have the evidence beyond my own personal experience.
But now I do.
I’ve been creating (evidence-based) personal development programs for corporate clients for 10+ years. One flagship global program has been running since 2007 and has had over 2,000 participants.
Instead of pushing people to ramp it up at work, we usually need to help them slooooow down.
Recovery is a key ingredient of high performance. So work-life balance is a VERY BIG DEAL.
But here’s the thing:
A lot of busy executives find wellness or balance programs difficult to maintain, or worse, unrealistic. So many things get in the way.
Responsibilities, deadlines, expectations, PEOPLE… even ourselves.
Believe me, I get it.
So how DO you improve your work-life balance quickly and make it last?
Better work-life balance does not magically appear when you throw in your job and run off to live on a tropical island.
And that’s a good thing.
Sustainable work-life balance is designed, bit by bit, using your own experience, wisdom and resources.
I would love to show you how.
Sign up and receive your FREE email mini-course “Better Work-Life Balance” and you can get started right away.
In these 5 emails, you’ll learn how to:
- Be as clear as possible about what you DO want
- Harness what you already have, and
- Take a direct route to what works
It’s so much easier and more effective than punishing yourself with unrealistic programs you can’t sustain.
Where to next?
- Get your FREE email mini-course now and create your own, 100% customised version of “Better Work-Life Balance”.
- Read answers to common work-life balance questions on my blog
- Find out when my next Unlocking Balance program is taking place
And a little bit more about me if you’re still reading…How am I qualified to do this work?
- A People Development Consultant with 12+ years experience creating global award-winning Leadership, Personal and Professional development programs for some of the world’s leading companies.
- A university educated and qualified coach with a Master of Applied Science (Psychology of Coaching), a B.A. Communications and B.A. International Studies. I’ve studied MBSR and have been practising yoga and meditation for many years.
- I have broad life experience having lived, studied and worked in Australia, England, Spain, Italy, USA. I speak a bit of Italian and a bit more Spanish.
- I’m at ease with people from all walks of life and comfortable with complicated situations and dynamics. I’ve worked with corporate leaders, engineers, project managers, receptionists, graduates, midwives, disadvantaged communities, special needs, students, mothers, managers and often many of these in one group!
- A mother of 2 young boys, who knows what it’s like to be thinking five steps ahead and functioning on zero sleep. 🙂